Tuesday, September 23, 2008

McLaren Appeal Found Inadmissible

McLaren should think about staying out of the courts.  This is their second time to lose an appeal in as many years.  In this case, they were allowed to make a full argument and yet they threw out the appeal on grounds that it's inadmissible regardless of their statements.  It seems that the FIA are wanting to set a precedence  in this matter and by not allowing the argument to even be considered, have stamped their authority on the previous ruling.

During the hearing, Hamilton snapped and made this ridiculous statement when he was questioned about his comments regarding the hearing.

"Are you a racing driver? No. I have been a racing driver since I was eight years old and I know pretty much every single maneuver in the book, and that's why I'm the best at my job.
We're talking about a skilled driver under intense pressure making a split-second decision which no one, unless they are in F1, can comprehend."

It appears that the media hype is finally starting to go to his head.  If Lewis makes it to the end of the season without making even more boneheaded mistakes, I'll be surprised.

Read On

No comments: